Today we’re going back to looking at what it is to be human, made in God’s image. We have seen that we are “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14), but we are fallen and we live in a fallen world. Yet, we have a glorious future, when we will “bear the image of the man of heaven” (1 Corinthians 15:49).
Right now, the Christian lives (as one author writes) “between two worlds.” We are in but not of this world, but we also belong to, and are waiting for, the world to come.
So, between these worlds, what are we as Christians? How does knowing Christ affect us?
“If anyone is in Christ, he (or she) is a new creation; the old as passed away; behold, the new has come” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Today, meditate on this – “in Christ.” To be a Christian, you need to be “in Christ.” You need to have believed “in Christ.”
And to be in Christ means that you are united with Christ. There is so, so much you are “in Christ.” Here are just a few to encourage you today.
- You have a right standing with God and redemption in Christ (Romans 3:24).
- You are alive to God in Christ (Romans 6:11).
- There is no condemnation for those in Christ (Romans 8:1).
- You are the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- In Christ you are a child of God (Galatians 3:26).
- You are blessed in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places (Ephesians 1:3).
It is truly amazing to be a believer in Christ. To God be the glory!